Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Steady Effort on the 'Mill

Elle: Nothing too exciting today, just a steady effort workout on the treadmill:

THE WORKOUT: Treadmill Run
20 minutes @ 6.8mph
20 minutes @ 7.0mph
20 minutes @ 7.2mph
To be done at a 1.5% - 2% incline

Elle: I started at a 2% incline, but after about 30 minutes, my knee issue came back to haunt me, and I started to lose power in my left leg, so I went down to 1.5% incline. I've noticed that this has been happening ever since the injury has been 'healed'. It's pretty upsetting, it's as if someone flipped a switch and removed all the power in my leg, turning it slightly noodley. Which is scary, if you're trying to work it out on the treadmill - the whole second half of the workout I had visions of myself losing control, flying off the back and crashing into unsuspecting gym-goers.

But I was able to complete the workout, intact on the treadmill, without injuring myself or anyone else. Hooray.

Webb unfortunately seems to have caught a bug and spent the evening throwing up, and thus missed the treadmill tonight. Feel better Webb!

No comments:

Post a Comment