Monday, January 28, 2019

Another day in paradise

Elle: Since I moved to the lovely isle of Puerto Rico on December 1st, 2018, I've been sin carro, getting around via my bike, and asking my co-worker Bridget to haul my butt to and from work every day (muchos, muchos gracias Bridget!). But finally, with much in the way of trials and tribulations, I nabbed a sporty little car - the Mitzubishi Outlander Sport (ooooohhhh)! It may seem like a small feat to many, but for me it was a huge milestone. I've never had go on my own to get a car loan and buy a car. I know there are a ton of questions I should have asked before layin' down the cash for New White (yes, there was an Old White, a trusty, white Honda Civic Hatchback, may ye rest in peace) but daaaaaamn, I own it now, and I'm free! Free to explore the places my bike can't take me.
So that was kind of a big deal.

New White in all it's glory


Elle: In bike news:
- I was so excited to finally test out my new-to-me Argon 18 TT bike (sexy-ass bike, yo)
- I was on my short test drive and just returning to my apartment when, what?!? The left aerobar fell full out! Oy!
- To remedy the unfortunate situation, I msg'd Iron Danny (the seller of this magnificent beast of a bike) and told him about the snafu. He felt bad and came to pick up the bike and bring it to the shop. Ok, I can wait for the bike to be fixed...
-  Ironman Danny brings back the happy, healthy Argon in time for me to take it out for the Sunday ride- YAZZZ!
- Sunday morning I leap out of bed at 6am, giddy to finally ride the majestic Argon. I gear up, put my cycling shoes on, and take it just outside my front door for a little test drive. I stood over the bike, and tried clip into the pedals.
- And tried.
- And tried.
- And tried.
- Arrrrggghhh! Are you kidding me? Really?
- Sooooo... Webb had shipped my cycling shoes to me, plus clips and pedals. BUT guess which clips and pedals are NOT compatible with my Sidi cycling shoes...go ahead, guess....oh yeah, THE ONES THAT WEBB SENT. So another weekend was to go by without riding the Argon. Frack!

The badass bike that I DIDN'T ride this weekend...

Webb: Ugh. That was totally foreseeable on my part.

Elle: Looks like I'm ridin' Big Bertha again! Oh well, it's still a good workout. And I wasn't going to waste a good workout, so I headed out on the big gal and made sure to stop along the route to take photos for all the folks back home...







Addendum 1: You may have noticed that Webb did not contribute much this week. But don't worry, I'll make sure he doesn't shirk his blog duties in the future. Hear that Webb? I'm comin' for ya...

Addendum 2: For anyone who was wondering about the fate of Robbie, the ambiguous amphibian who was playing tag with me in the shower, here's what happened: He was still in the shower the next day. I was sad because I thought he was dead. But lo and behold, he still had some life left in him! Once I realized there was still hope, I use the tried and true method of paper and glass (which I once used to save a bat who flew into our apartment in Brookline, MA), and was able to capture and release Robbie back into nature where he belongs. Hooray for happy endings...


No comments:

Post a Comment